Tuesday 11 October 2011

Garnier "BB Cream" Review

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector


So most of you in the beauty realm of the interwebs have probably come across BB creams in your ventures, If not here is a little back story...
BB cream or blemish balm cream is extremely popular in Asia but was actually created in Germany by a Doctor. It's original purpose was for post laser surgery patients as they have skin-regenerating ingredients. In Asia many actresses were using these BB creams to enhance their natural skin and create a flawless finish with no Blemishes  ;) They then became very popular with the Asian public and are now one of the most popular cosmetic products in the world. The appeal of these creams is that they promise to create the perfect canvas, ridding you of redness, dryness, grey areas, dark circles and anything else which may "flaw" your skin.

BB creams have only just surfaced in the UK with brands taking their own spin on the famous product. Illamasqua, MAC and Garnier have their own BB creams in the UK and i believe Clinique have their own aswell ( although i may be wrong and that could just be asia exclusive) But to differ between our BB creams and asia's, We have had the whitening ingredients taken out of the equation. This surely benefits us :)

Garnier's BB cream or Miracle Skin Perfector was ... i thought a good price at £9.99 at Sainsbury's. Many of the Asian brand BB creams retail at a much higher price of normally over £20 which is ridiculous because then there are the shipping fees and I don't really want whitening ingredients in my creams anyhow.

The product itself is packaged well and with 50 ml of product I think it is perfectly reasonable. The packaging states that it will immediately perfect your skin by:

  •  Evening tone + Boosting glow
  • Blur Imperfections
  • Smooth fine lines
  • 24hr Hydration
  • SPF 15 UV protection
And to top it all off it has Vitamin C in it which we all know is :) for your skin.
Thoughts on the using it the first time.
I did actually like this product .. let me explain the past tense there... I Used this product for three days and for the first day sure, it looked wonderful on my skin and it was extremely hydrating which was amazing. 
The texture of the cream itself was sort of a in between of moisturiser and serum ... but with foundation, highly peculiar but not unpleasant. 
The smell isn't bad at all and is rather fragrant like most of Garnier's products.
The coverage is light , it is not build-able but it gives off a very good finish and healthy glow.
I used foundation over the cream but not as much as i would usually just to make sure i wasn't overpowering the product.

The Problem
Here is My own personal predicament with this certain product and it does annoy me that I have to say this because I sincerely wanted to Love this! unfortunately the next two days my face was covered in spots all across my cheeks and nose and chin. Red spots not white spots ... either way does it make a difference? not particularly so being hesitant I decided to stop using the cream for the next few days and my spots made a clear out. ( I am very fortunate for my skin to not really develop spots that much) So I made me deliberation that this cream is the reason.

Final Thoughts
I am in no way bashing this product to the ground at all. I personally think it could work wonders on others just not on my own skin. Everyone's skin is different what works on one person may be hell for another and vice versa. Its all to do with getting to know what your skin needs and how it reacts with certain ingredients and fragrances in products. I For one am not giving up on my BB search... next up I think I'll try MAC.... hmm

this product was purchased for £9.99 with my own money at Sainsburys. It is also avaliable at Boots, and Superdrug and other various cosmetic stores.
For more information on Garnier Miracle skin perfector : http://www.garnier.co.uk/_en/_gb/BB-cream/index.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what YOU think about this <3