Sunday 5 August 2012

Models Own BeetleJuice in Aqua Violet


On my trip to boots the other day poking through the cosmetics lines (as always even if I never really need anything i always buy something anyway)  I spotted a Models Own stand. 2 for £8.... well I thought thats alright...they are £5.00 each usually. What the hell lets get four.

I decided to get the BeetleJuice polish in Aqua Violet which looks uber gorgeous in the bottle!
and i got one of those crackle polishes. They have never appealed to me before because... well I think it looks messy but here goes
...


Fair enough it still looks amazing here which it should do! because I painted 4 coats of it to get it this colour!
That was the part that really disappointed me, I painted one coat and it was so frickin sheer I was thinking what's the point? I could see me nail through it , so I did a second coat... okay little bit better... not wearable though, Another coat, my nail is still showing through GRR , another coat, Screw it ... Im putting crackle nail polish over it anyway.
 So Overall the formula itself could be less watery and a bit thicker, that would help in the application process definitely. I'd give it a 
7/10
purely because I like the colour of the polish I think it is gorgeous it is just because of the consistency that I have to mark down...boohoo.


And here is with the Crackle Polish on top. I actually had so much fun doing these and watching them crackle as they dried! I think its an awesome process and they do look good.
One day gone though and I'm already sort of hating them, They look good on other people and I can totally understand the hype, But then again it's just on me I cant stand the look of it for more than a day.... It bothers me slightly. I think I'll just keep this for Shoots or for one night looks. 
Overall as a product 9/10
It was okay to use although there is little difference between too little and too much when applying, you have to get the right amount for it to crackle finely and not in massive clumps like my third nail down.



In the end of It all I have decided I rather like Models Own nail polishes, They arent overly priced for what they are and they have a good range of colours. Im excited to use my other two which I will do a tutorial on :)

TTFN
Lolli
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what YOU think about this <3