Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sky High Gradient Nails

Hello my lovelies,
Seeing as i'm all cooped up at home at the moment because I apparently  now have asthma..Yeah like..really? Iv'e been bored so I thought I would open my bedroom windows wide and turn a fan on and paint the talons ;) 
This is so easy and only took me about half hour so its really good to spruce yourself up in a jiffy.

You will need:
Toothpick
Plastic top/baking sheet/foil
Sponge
Two or more Nail polishes
Top Coat Nail Polish

Not the best of pictures but you get the jist, a nice gradient nail.

 And here's how you dooo it....


Your going to need to choose your two colours, or three whatever you fancy to try :)
They can either complement each other like these two or clash.
 L: Snow White   R: Bloo-Bloo
I chose my two new nail polishes from models own.

Firstly paint all of your nails with your base colour, In this instance I painted all of mine with Models Own Snow White.


Take a Plastic top/Baking sheet/Foil and place two blobs of each nail colour onto it, using a toothpick swirl where the colours meet together.
Next get a small sponge with a flat side and press straight down onto the nail polish.

Next you want to press the sponge onto the nail wiggling it up and down slightly, to make sure there isn't a harsh edge. It should look something like this.
If your not satisfied with how the colour turned out then do the sponge step again, just make sure the previous application is dry first :)



After that you will need to apply a top coat to smooth it all over and keep them from chipping :)
This step is quite important as the process itself does make your nails a little bit textured from the sponge.

I hope this was useful :) As always this isn't limited to just two colours, you can let your imagination go wild.

TTFN
Lolli
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and let me know what YOU think about this <3